Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sunday July 12, after the team went home




Sunday was a day of disappointment and fulfillment. Saturday Pastor Daniel went to Wayamba to share Jesus and invite people to come for our service Sunday morning. He would not join us because he had to preach at his church. I stayed home and prepared a message for them. I prayed for the kind of turnout we had the previous Sunday. I think I really believed it would happen, but when Peggy and I along with Joseph and Lansah arrived at about 10:00 there was no one around. Then about 20 min. later 2 small children came, and then several more and then more. We sat on the porch and sang a couple of songs as more children arrived. I could not deny I was disappointed, but I said, "If God sent us children we will take what He sent and have church. Before it was all over there were four men and 9 women who joined us and there were so many children we had to send them with John, Pastor Daniel's son to the other building. There were at least 100 in his group. We kept the older children and teenagers with us so we numbered about thirty. I storied using Nicodemus and his visit to Jesus at night. Joseph who is just recovering from Malaria translated for me.When I finished some of the men asked questions. One of them said that he might be too old to become a Christian. I told him that Nicodemus was an old man when he became a believer, and God did not care how old we are. Another told me to not expect them to become Christians right away. When I asked if anyone wanted to become a believer no one responded but one young man wanted to know if I could get him a Bible and I told him I would see what could be done. Some times we get to see God work fast. Sometimes we get to see Him work slowly, but always He works on time. We will be patient. We won't try to force things or people. It is better if we wait upon the Lord. We will keep going back as long as we are here and we are needed, and we will be satisfied with what God does. Keep us in your prayers.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Martin Jones said...

Our family and church family continue to pray for Wayamba. I am missing your cooked breakfasts! Our children are asking when you can come visit us in Dallas. Can't wait for all the team to get together again. Hang on in there.
Fiona