Thursday, July 30, 2009

A day to remember in Wayamba


These pictures show the spokesman for the chief and me cutting the ribbon to officially open the water system which now furnishes clean drinking water for the school children. Then the spigot is opened and the water flows. There is a picture of me giving the chief's representative a drink. I pretended to drink but I did not really because while the water is perfectly safe for the locals, I must drink filtered water only. The last picture is of some of the ladies from the village getting a sample drink after the ceremony was over. Living in the states you can not imagine what today meant to everyone in the village. We were told that the chief, who is Muslim, is encouraging his people to support the Christians because no one else has done anything for the people. We are careful to give full credit to God for the work that has been done. To God be the glory, great things He hath done. Thanks go also to IHH, Bob and Cynthia Brightwell, Rev. Robert Gillchrest, and the deacons from his church for their contributions.
If I left anyone out forgive me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: