Sunday, February 15, 2009

Visit to Namdu Village to preach and share the Gospel in Bible story form


This Sunday Lansah, Joseph and I went to a small village called Namdu. It was my first visit there, but Joseph had been there and thought it might be a place for us to work. The village has four other villages surrounding it a short walk away. The church there meets in a school building because they don't have a meeting place of their own. They have been given land and they have a dream of building a meeting place so that people from their village and the surrounding ones will have a place to worship together. The congregation is small, most don't speak English. Their pastor is named Daniel. We took clothing to them today, because they are poor and some of the people in the village are dressed in little more than rags. We got there for Sunday School which rapidly became an "ask the white preacher what this means session." They had some really good questions and God was good and gave me the answers. Many of their questions fit right in with the message God had given me, Surprise? I shouldn't be. I used the ST4T story Creation to the Church and then tied it together with the story of the trial of Jesus before Pilot, asking the question, that Pilot asked, "What shall I do with Jesus?" There is only one answer that is acceptable. Surrender.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cheryl Read said...

Thank you for this encouraging report on storytelling. I am looking forward to having the team work alongside you all and learning more about how to reach the Dagomba for Jesus.